Saturday, July 29, 2006

8-5

So Kim and I left before 8am to go do some work at the church. Kim helped the guys who were prepareing doors to be hung in the youth rooms. They cut out rectangles and placed glass into doors. It was really cool to watch. Kim has saw dust all in her hair. I joined the women in prayer and then some of us cut fabric to recover some of the chairs that where used in the "old" church.

After that we headed to the Owen's home to assist them in the remodeling of the homeschool room for classes starting on Monday. Jennifer is expecting her 4th baby in a couple of weeks, so she has a lot on her plate these days. Jennifer is one of the people at the church who coordinated getting my parent's apartment FULLY furnished before the arrived here after Huriccaine Katrina. God has really used her to be a great comfort to my family (and many others).

THEN we headed over to Finese where Roy does magic to turn my hair into beautiful locs. I always leave looking like an Empress!

We then stopped to see my Girlfriend Gilda and her Crazy Husband Dean. We wanted to see their new granddaughter, but she was not home :-( We'll catch her next time. They have done some beautiful house work. First they had a fence installed by Sunnyvale. It's too beautiful. Dean has also added a false wall in the bedroom and cut out ledges then installed lights at the top of each cut out (like spot lights). It's gorgeous. I'm sure there is a name for it, but hey you know me I just know it's pretty.

When we got home, it was after 5. Phew.

Decided not to pick C4 up from Jobarrons to take him to the play in downtown Dallas. It was supposed to be my weekend with him since I had one with Kim last weekend, but as it turns out. She's ahead 2/1.

Now I'm doing housework....... Which I'd better get back to.

Peace

No comments: