Monday, May 22, 2006

Money Monday 5.22.2006

Okay so I love to help others save money. I'm going to occasionally have financial tips for all of my wonderful family and friends who read my blog.

Comparison shop:
I've found the easiest way to do this is to sit down with ALL of the lovely sale ads I get in the mail on Tues/Wed and/or out of the Sunday newspaper. I have 2-3 highlights, a note pad and pencil. I circle items I want in ads (in a non-ad colored highlighter). Then I jot down the item, price, and store name in my notebook. Then if I find the same item for a lower price at another store, I change the amount and store. Once I've composed my list, I go to Wal-Mart where they will match competitor pricing and have the cashier adjust the prices for these items. The first few times it may take a little bit of extra time, but you get the benefit of all of the lowest prices without driving around town using up gas.

****Couple this with coupons for a lagniappe

Happy Shopping!

No comments: