I took this picture Sunday. C4 has an infection on his right ring finger :-(. Poor little man! We went to Care Now Sunday night and he was given an antibiotic and told to soak, soak, soak, and soak. I was given the choice to either give him oral antibiotics, plus having the finger lanced, plus an anbiotic shot in the hip. I decided on the oral and soaking. Monday morning, the entire tip of his finger was swollen. We went back to Care Now Monday morning and the doctor took a culture of the infection to determine if stronger antibiotics are needed. He said we could continue to soak the finger every hour and push the cuticle back with a towel at bath time. Hopefully this will allow the infection a way to exit the finger. He felt well enough to go to Day Care. They are continuing the soaks there during the day.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Poor Little Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor little man. I am so sorry about C4's finger. :(
How did this come about, any idea? Bless his heart!
I sure hope it is better really soon. I agree with the antibiotics and soaking INSTEAD of the other, WOW. Lancing the finger. Ewwww Weeee, I wish that on no one. I had that done in the roof of my mouth, without warning mind you.
OMG! The roof of your mouth! I've NEVER heard of that!!!
His is from bitting his nails. The culture showed bacteria in the infection. Thank God it wasn't worse.
I thought about Hai's toe nail problems.
I'm putting "Stop the Bite!" on his nails. That's what I used to stop him from sucking his thumb. Hopefully that will stop the nail biting too.
Post a Comment